Join Us And
Make a Difference
Digital Marketing Specialist
At the University Hospital Foundation, we want to help people live longer, and better – especially those who would benefit from a new form of treatment, or life-saving surgery.
As agents of hope, we boldly seek solutions to seemingly insurmountable challenges, matching the determination and purpose-driven intensity of the healthcare teams we support.
In the past ten years, generous donations from individuals and our corporate and strategic partners have contributed nearly $220 million dollars to advance world-leading patient care at the University of Alberta Hospital, Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute and Kaye Edmonton Clinic, as well as ground-breaking research at the University of Alberta.
If you have a keen interest in being a part of the future of healthcare in Alberta, please consider applying today!
We are proud to have achieved Imagine Canada accreditation and High Performer status in both the “High Performer: Overall” and “High Performer: Teaching Hospital” categories from the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy. This recognition demonstrates our commitment to applying our purpose to everything we do.
In addition, we are proud to be one of Alberta’s Top 75 Employers in 2021 and 2022, which recognizes employers who lead their industry in offering exceptional places to work and forward-thinking HR practices.
As an outcome-focused organization, UHF offers a flexible work environment where employees have the opportunity to work remotely.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, you will use data and analytics to gain insight into the competitive health foundation industry. You will develop, lead and implement digital strategies that educate on our purpose, inspire our community and motivate people to take action. From these insights, you will develop detailed strategies on how to leverage our digital channels to help us achieve our fundraising and brand awareness goals.
You are a self-starter who enjoys a challenge, you love to combine strategy and creativity and thrive in a fast paced environment. You will work collaboratively with our marketing and communications team and development team to create bold, innovative and engaging creative solutions that can be measured and tracked for success. This role offers an incredible opportunity to broaden your skill set and join an enthusiastic team of storytellers who are passionate about transforming health in Alberta.
Digital Content Creation and Online Marketing
- Recommend, develop and implement creative online marketing strategies to promote annual fundraising activities and increase online brand presence and donor engagement to support our bold 10-year strategic plan
- Oversee and manage UHF’s owned digital channels including our website, social media channels, online donation software, email marketing software and analytics tools
- Manage UHF’s Google Ad Grant, Google Search and Display Ad campaigns, keywords, ad content, budget and trends
- Contribute to content creation for various media including social media, email marketing, website, fundraising software, blog, and digital ads
- Lead social media strategy development and implementation, including content, engagement, and reporting
- Oversee paid social advertising planning, implementation, management, and reporting
- Lead keyword research, content optimization and other SEO related improvements to UHF’s website
- Collaborate with our marketing and communications team to review site goals, analytics, campaign landing pages and online donation platform integrations
- Create and maintain an annual content marketing calendar
- Work directly with external vendors, including web support and digital agencies, to improve SEO and content management
- Build out external digital marketing plans and strategies to support fundraising goals and UHF’s signature events
- Collaborate and support internal UHF stakeholders including our development team to help achieve our fundraising goals and support UHF’s signature events
- Align materials with UHF’s brand standards and use best practices to reach and influence target audiences
- Maintain accurate communications records of all digital materials produced by UHF
- Collaborate with a high-performing marketing and communications team to tell stories of impact at the University of Alberta Hospital site
- Manage projects from planning to execution, providing excellent customer service within tight deadlines, receiving and implementing creative direction, and working successfully as a liaison with internal teams and digital vendors
- Develop and share communications plans to identify project expectations, tactical requirements and measurable objectives
- Co-ordinate production of digital assets with the marketing & communications team and internal and external vendors as required to ensure timeliness and compelling creative
- Track and measure project management progress using effective digital marketing tools
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of fundraising campaigns and make new recommendations
- Proof of a diploma or post-secondary degree in marketing, public relations, communications or equivalent.
- An active member of CPRS, IABC, CMA or ACE is an asset
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of digital marketing best practices and has a minimum of three (3) years of related experience
- An innovative digital storyteller with advanced skills in online marketing and social media management tools such as Facebook Ads Manager, SEO software, Hootsuite, Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, UX & UI design and web development
- Solid knowledge and familiarity with HTML/CSS coding/editing is an asset
- Experience with digital fundraising platforms, Mailchimp and WordPress an asset
- Highly skilled in project management and time management
- Consistent track record to work independently and on projects in fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Able to work collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, with strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional degree of professionalism and good judgment, using discretion where required, to be a great representative and enhance the reputation of UHF
- Accurate and thorough attention to detail
- Bold, resourceful, self-motivated, accountable, flexible, tactful, professional – and likes to have fun!
- Able to work outside regular hours to support UHF events
The University Hospital Foundation has implemented a Vaccination (COVID-19) Policy. All employees, including new hires and volunteers, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g., medical, religious) may request an exemption.
If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or valid proof of exemption.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees respecting and valuing diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
To apply for this posting, please attach your cover letter and resume into one PDF and submit your application. We thank all candidates who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Information Check.