Donors to the University Hospital Foundation have touched every corner of care at the University of Alberta Hospital - from brain and cardiac to dialysis and urology. Just as important, community support has ignited new ideas for research and innovation, helped recruit some of the best and brightest medical minds, and made Edmonton a leading academic health centre in Canada.
You Make Incredible Things Happen Here
Major and transformational gifts may be directed to a specific cause or funding priority that is meaningful to you, or given to the highest priority needs at the University of Alberta Hospital site. Donations can be remitted in one lump sum or pledged over a period of time and, typically, gifts are eligible for a full tax receipt. Some major gifts come in the form of a deferred or “planned” gift (most often a bequest that someone has left us in His/ Her will).
Your passion and generosity will be recognized in many ways:
- Dedicated relationship manager who ensures your gifts are stewarded and honoured as per your wishes
- Invitations to donor recognition events
- Invitations to Festival of Trees special events
- Naming opportunities within the hospital site
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes access to hear from world-renowned doctors and researchers and tours within the hospital site (all events currently are being held virtually)
- Recognition in the University Hospital Foundation’s Annual Report
Philanthropists donate $10M for urology care, research
Local philanthropists Dianne and Irving Kipnes made a $10-million donation to the University Hospital Foundation to advance research and enhance patient care at the Northern Alberta Urology Centre, which is being renamed in their honour.