Join Us And
Make a Difference
Project Manager and Partnerships Liaison – 3 Year Term
At the University Hospital Foundation, we want to help people live longer, and better – especially those who would benefit from a new form of treatment, or life-saving surgery.
As agents of hope, we boldly seek solutions to seemingly insurmountable challenges, matching the determination and purpose-driven intensity of the medical teams we support.
In the past ten years, generous donations from individuals and our corporate and strategic partners has contributed nearly $220 million dollars to advance world-leading patient care at the University of Alberta Hospital, Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute and Kaye Edmonton Clinic, as well as ground-breaking research at the University of Alberta.
If you have a keen interest in being a part of the future of healthcare in Alberta, please consider applying today!
We are proud to have achieved Imagine Canada accreditation and High Performer status in both the “High Performer: Overall” and “High Performer: Teaching Hospital” categories from the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy.
This recognition demonstrates our commitment to applying our purpose to everything we do.
In addition, we are proud to be one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers in 2021, which recognizes employers who lead their industry in offering exceptional places to work and forward-thinking HR practices.
In this 3-year full-time term position, the Project Manager Partnerships and Liaison (Western Diversification) reports to the Director, Strategic Partnerships, and is a part of the greater development team at UHF. This position will be dedicated to business development of the assigned project, project management, and timely reporting of the project funded through the Western Diversification strategic partnership initiative. This project will provide strong economic and societal benefits to the province, enhance innovative capacity, and showcase Alberta’s expertise globally.
Exceptional business development acumen and strong project management expertise is critical to the success of this role, along with the ability to communicate openly, effectively, and collaboratively. In addition, you must have the ability to integrate external expertise with internal needs and resources. This position will provide direct oversight of all strategic partnerships within this portfolio and will ensure continuity of information, management of scope, timeline review, and reporting.
The Project Manager Partnerships and Liaison will work to build relationships and engage stakeholders through business development strategies, create detailed development plans for the project, and execute the progress of each. They will develop and oversee budgets and steward data management processes and structures, and in collaboration with the UHF Finance Team monitor and report on all finances associated with the initiative.
Strategic Partnerships Project Management
- Working in collaboration with the UHF team and external stakeholders to ensure the projects within the partnership agreement are delivered on time, within budget, and within scope
- Build a project plan that defines scope, objectives, schedule, reporting requirements and budget
- Work with the Director of Strategic Partnerships to create agendas and document steering committee and working group meetings
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders, internal and external to UHF, are informed and engaged in the progress of the project
- Ensure resources required for the partnerships and associated project are available and allocated appropriately and efficiently
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and costs following project management best practices
- In collaboration with the Director of Strategic Partnerships, establish a communications plan and schedule to regularly report to Leadership on progress and share updates with the full organization – at minimum, on a quarterly basis
- Report and escalate project issues or challenges to leadership as required
- Maintain impeccable project records, files and documentation
- Evaluate the project annually and upon completion; ensure lessons learned are captured with broad input
- Work with UHF’s Marketing team to ensure announcements, website updates and impact reports are completed and communicated
Business Development and Partnership Liaison
- Identify potential partners and complete appropriate research on their business and highlight their needs
- Develop and maintain partner relationships
- Liaise with the external funders of the partnerships (government and industry) to ensure all expectations of the project, including reporting, are fulfilled
- Work with Director of Strategic Partnerships and industry partners to find linkages with the University of Alberta Hospital Site and the Government of Alberta
- Provide meeting opportunities and linkages between Industry and researchers/clinicians etc.
Compliance & Reporting
- In collaboration with UHF Compliance manage Notices of Award to researchers and Reporting back to UHF from Researchers
- Perform risk management to minimize or eliminate risks associated with the project
- Manage gov’t reporting for the partnership
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in or a related field
- PMP would be considered a strong asset
- Knowledge gained through a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Experience in managing research projects and/or experience in health planning and decision support;
- Working knowledge of common research and data presentation methodologies and primary data collection and management methodologies;
- Good working knowledge of the concepts of health services research;
- Experience with grant and manuscript preparation would be an asset;
- Capacity to deal effectively, with poise and confidence, with potentially large donors and stakeholders.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with healthcare operations and environments – philanthropy, donor-management, fundraising, and/or life-sciences cycles;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to navigate complex environments will be critical in order to learn what projects and research is suitable to the various partnerships and funds.
- 3-Year Full-time Term position
- Competitive pay + Performance based pay
- Benefits and Pension eligible
The University Hospital Foundation has implemented a Vaccination (COVID-19) Policy. All employees, including new hires and volunteers, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption.
If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or valid proof of exemption.
To apply for this posting, please email email@example.com, attach your cover letter, and resume into one PDF. We thank all candidates who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Information Check.
Closing date for this posting is November 26, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Apply Now: firstname.lastname@example.org