Join Us And
Make a Difference
At the University Hospital Foundation, we want to help people live longer, and better – especially those who would benefit from a new form of treatment, or life-saving surgery.
As agents of hope, we boldly seek solutions to seemingly insurmountable challenges, matching the determination and purpose-driven intensity of the medical teams we support.
In the past ten years, generous donations from individuals and our corporate and strategic partners has contributed nearly $220 million dollars to advance world-leading patient care at the University of Alberta Hospital, Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute and Kaye Edmonton Clinic, as well as ground-breaking research at the University of Alberta.
If you have a keen interest in being a part of the future of healthcare in Alberta, please consider applying today!
We are proud to have achieved Imagine Canada accreditation and High Performer status in both the “High Performer: Overall” and “High Performer: Teaching Hospital” categories from the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy.
This recognition demonstrates our commitment to applying our purpose to everything we do.
In addition, we are proud to be one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers in 2021, which recognizes employers who lead their industry in offering exceptional places to work and forward-thinking HR practices.
The University Hospital Foundation is committed to advancing the health of Albertans. Reporting to the Director, People this position will support the Foundation’s transition from a traditional Personnel Management human resources approach to a Strategic Human Resources Management (HRM) system. The focus of this position will include supporting the full cycle day-to-day human resource needs of the Foundation.
- Respond to internal and external employee-related inquiries or requests and provide assistance.
- Redirect People-related calls or distribute correspondence to the appropriate person of the team.
- Provide direct support in facilitating HR processes and practices.
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (commencements, payroll, personal information, leaves, turnover rates etc.) in both paper and database(s) and ensure all employment requirements are met and confidentiality is protected.
- Liaise with other departments on employee-related functions (payroll, benefits etc.)
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback.
- Create and maintain HR documentation, templates, and employee reference materials/information is updated and current which includes, but is not limited to policies, procedures, position descriptions and employee handbooks.
- Support other functions as assigned
Recruitment, Onboarding and Terminations
- Support the recruitment process by maintaining current job descriptions, advertising roles, scheduling interviews, communicating with applicants and supporting the People Specialist in assessing and tracking applicants.
- Support the use of the Culture Index (analytical traits assessment tool) for recruitment purposes.
- Create new employee files.
- Deliver the day-to-day HR activities including onboarding, contracting and other documentation and processes involved in setting up new staff and /or terminating departing staff.
- Supporting the People Specialist in employee off-boarding processes.
- Support the administration of performance management system.
Payroll, Benefits, Compensation and Recognition
- Support payroll administration in coordination with the Foundation’s payroll administrator by providing information required for processing and assist with employee inquiries.
- Complete payroll documentation for commencements, changes, terminations and reconciliations.
- Support compensation and incentive review packages.
- Support periodic benefit review and comparisons.
- Assist in the administration of employee health and wellness plans including benefits orientation, enrollments, changes and terminations and process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Act as a liaison between employees and insurance and pension providers.
- Resolve employee benefits-related questions and issues as they arise.
Training & Development
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Coordinate and maintain training grant processes
- Support the development and scheduling of a learning and development programs to build employee capabilities in specific competencies.
HR Related Reporting and Metrics
- Complete quarterly vacation balance reporting.
- Support the administration of employee engagement surveys.
- Assist in the development and maintain People metrics reporting on an ongoing basis.
Health, Safety & Wellness
- Support the development and maintain, Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) policies and practices to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Assist in the claims management process.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resource Management
- Two to four (2-4) years’ relevant work experience in a similar role (a combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Philanthropic spirit
- Friendly, supportive and eager individual enthusiastic to support a growing organization
- Excellent professionalism with the strictest understanding of confidentiality
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in representing the Foundation
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Must have high attention to detail and accuracy under tight timelines
- Competence in and strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Permanent, full time position
- Competitive compensation + Performance-based bonus
- Benefits and Pension
To apply for this posting, please follow the link below to upload your cover letter and resume into one PDF. You may also be asked to complete a Culture Index Survey, which will help us to get to know you better and assess your fit for this position. We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date for this posting is October 18, 2021 at 5:00pm.