Join Us And
Make a Difference
The University Hospital Foundation (UHF) believes in the power of generosity to save and change lives. The UHF raises funds to ensure patients at the University of Alberta Hospital, the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute and the Kaye Edmonton Clinic have access to the latest advancements in medical technology and innovative patient care. As a result of very generous individuals and community support, we have raised more than $332 million in gross revenue over the last 10 years to support patient care, advanced technology and clinical research.
If you have a keen interest in being a part of the future of healthcare in Alberta, please consider applying today!
The University Hospital Foundation is proud to have achieved Imagine Canada accreditation and High Performer status in both the “High Performer: Overall” and “High Performer: Teaching Hospital” categories from the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy. This recognition demonstrates UHF’s commitment to applying our mission – to advance excellence – to our governance, daily operations and financial integrity. In addition UHF is proud to be named one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers in 2021, which recognizes employers that lead their industry in offering exceptional places to work and forward-thinking HR practices.
Reporting to the Director, Events and Community Relations, this position plays a key role in successfully leading, planning and executing of the University Hospital Foundation’s Festival of Trees (FOT) events. You will be representing the brand of the University Hospital Foundation (UHF) to volunteers, vendors and the overall community and responsible for delivering a world-class event.
Festival of Trees:
- Main point of contact for Festival including 3rd party community events
- Work closely with the Volunteer Chairs to establish meeting agendas, event focus, and align with the UHF funding priority to maximize brand-building and donor acquisition opportunities
- Assist in building a fundraising strategy and establish new performance indicators for the Festival itself to maximize on-site revenue and acquire new donors
- Work with the schools and community groups to build out a 3rd party fundraising strategy that will boost community awareness (and utilize an on-site entertainment stage and the Festival venue to showcase philanthropy in support of fundraising priority)
- Develop a strategy to acquire new donors, including showcasing youth-led philanthropy at Santa’s Breakfast
- Develop a point-of-sale fundraising strategy for all on-site retail
- Work closely with the Committee Members, follow up in a timely manner to phone calls and emails, and any administrative details required
- Manage event budget, ensure smooth coordination of tree sales, oversee all event elements, guest list, ticket sales, venue partners
- Work closely with the Corporate Partnership Officer on sponsorship deck, prospects, revenue, fulfillment and status reporting to the Committee
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications on event brand and event materials
- Work closely with the entire Events team and Volunteer Chairs to ensure exceptional standards of event execution
- Degree in Event Management, Business, or Non-profit Management; a combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum of five years of successful experience with special event management, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Minimum of five years of experience working with and supporting volunteers
- Experience with Raiser’s/Financial Edge would be considered an asset
- Philanthropic spirit
- Track record of effectively coordinating and executing special events
- Excellent professionalism with the understanding of confidentiality
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in representing the University Hospital Foundation
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required – clear and efficient communication is a must
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong volunteer management/coordination
- Ability to handle people with sensitivity, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
- Must have high attention to detail and accuracy under tight timelines
- Flexibility to work after hours and/or weekend as needed; attendance at the FOT event is mandatory
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Competence in and strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Full Time, Permanent
- Competitive compensation + Performance-based bonus
- Benefits and Pension
To apply for this posting, please follow the Apply Now link to upload your cover letter and resume into one document. You will also be asked to complete a Culture Index Survey, which will help us to get to know you better and assess your fit for this position. We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date for this posting is March 2, 2021 at 5:00pm.