Join Us And
Make a Difference
Annual Giving Coordinator – Community Philanthropy
Position Type: Full time, permanent, hybrid work environment
At the University Hospital Foundation, we want to help people live longer, and better – especially those who would benefit from a new form of treatment, or life-saving surgery.
As agents of hope, we boldly seek solutions to seemingly insurmountable challenges, matching the determination and purpose-driven intensity of the healthcare teams we support.
In the past ten years, generous donations from individuals and our corporate and strategic partners have contributed nearly $220 million dollars to advance world-leading patient care at the University of Alberta Hospital, Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute and Kaye Edmonton Clinic, as well as ground-breaking research at the University of Alberta.
If you have a keen interest in being a part of the future of healthcare in Alberta, please consider applying today!
We are proud to have achieved Imagine Canada accreditation and High Performer status in both the “High Performer: Overall” and “High Performer: Teaching Hospital” categories from the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy. This recognition demonstrates our commitment to applying our purpose to everything we do.
In addition, we are proud to be one of Alberta’s Top 75 Employers in 2021 and 2022, which recognizes employers who lead their industry in offering exceptional places to work and forward-thinking HR practices.
As an outcome-focused organization, UHF offers a flexible work environment where employees have the opportunity to work remotely. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.GiveToUHF.ca.
Reporting to the Director, Annual Giving, this revenue generating position applies their exceptional project management, relationship building and fundraising skills to the Foundation’s Annual Giving Program with a focus on Community Philanthropy.
- Day-to-day oversight of community philanthropy giving programs including Tribute giving (in Memory and Grateful Patients), and Third-Party Fundraisers (also known as Community Events).
- Coordinate with Third Party Fundraiser (Community Event) organizers to facilitate industry-leading peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Provide reporting to Director, Annual Giving regarding event projections and fundraising results.
- Identify opportunities and execute strategies to recruit, renew, and support Community Events.
- The Memorial Program and Champions of Care Program (Grateful Patients) point of contact for donors, patients, care teams, and other external stakeholders.
- Align brand, storytelling, and collaborate with Marketing & Communications department.
- Work with Donation Services to ensure gifts are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Align fundraising revenue to disbursements by collaborating with Donor Funds department.
- Deliver stewardship and impact reporting to donors, event organizers, and key stakeholders.
- Provide donor customer service and online fundraising support using Peer-to-Peer tools.
- Stay apprised of industry trends in annual giving segment and broader philanthropic trends.
- Additional project management support and other duties as required.
- Community college diploma or equivalent technical certification.
- One to three years’ experience in fundraising, philanthropy, customer service, and/or project management.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database is considered an asset but not required.
- Ability to lead multiple assignments while meeting established timelines.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills including negotiating, problem-solving, communicating, and active listening; ability to build effective working relationships at all levels throughout the organization.
- Effective and professional interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, with peers, management and internal/external partners.
- Resourceful and results oriented with proven prioritization and time management skills
- Philanthropic spirit
- Ability to connect and understand the interests of prospects and donors
- Accommodating, mature, self-disciplined individual who is engaged in the Foundations goals
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team to develop and maintain professional relationships
- Flexible in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail with ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong technical abilities within Raiser’s Edge database. Training is provided as required.
- Competence in Microsoft Office Suite
The University Hospital Foundation has implemented a Vaccination (COVID-19) Policy. All employees, including new hires and volunteers, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g., medical, religious) may request an exemption.
If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or valid proof of exemption.
We respect and value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this posting, please attach your cover letter, and resume into one PDF and submit your application via our website, https://givetouhf.ca/careers. We thank all candidates who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Information Check.