Are you ready to be part of an organization that is transforming healthcare in Alberta? At the University Hospital Foundation, we are passionate about helping people live longer and better lives, especially those in need of life-saving surgeries and innovative treatments. We are agents of hope who fearlessly tackle seemingly insurmountable challenges with the same determination and purpose-driven intensity as the healthcare teams we support.
Through the fundraising and stewardship, we inspire, connect, and empower world-class hospitals, doctors, researchers, and clinicians to discover critical treatments, cures, and possibilities that exist beyond today’s bedside. We bring health innovation leaders from private industry together with Alberta’s health ecosystem to provide hope for living healthier lives.
Reporting to the Director, People/Experience the successful candidate will support and participate in the design, development and delivery of People programs and experiences for University Hospital Foundation team members and volunteers.
In this role you will bring University Hospital Foundation People and Volunteer processes and practices to life. You will be accountable for the day-to-day operations of the People Department and will have the unique opportunity to develop, implement, lead and scale People and Volunteer initiatives and programs that directly align with our strategic and operational objectives.
- Provide support and leadership in the development and administration of all UHF People and Volunteer programs.
- Lead and support full cycle recruitment, onboarding and terminations.
- Facilitate payroll, compensation and recognition programs and processes.
- Recommend, develop and maintain HR policies and procedures to meet internal requirements and alignment with the University Hospital Foundation’s purpose and values.
- Serve as an experienced advisor to leaders and employees regarding internal HR policies and relevant external regulations and legislation.
- Work with leadership to assess organizational hiring needs.
- Lead compensation evaluations, benefit audits, and diversity planning.
- Organize career development and general HR-related workshops and training programs for all new and current employees and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Serve as a mediator in employee conflicts and recommend corrective actions when required.
- Support performance management processes by providing training, assistance and support to leaders and employees in all phases of performance management processes including coaching and development conversations and the annual appraisal process.
- Ensure human resources related reporting and reconciliations are accurate and timely.
- Assist in annual departmental budget planning process and monthly forecasting.
- Ensure compliance with legislation and HR best practice.
- Administer Human Resources Information System ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Completion of a post-secondary Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Human Resource Management
- CPHR Designation or working towards.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior level Human Resources Generalist/Advisory role (a combination of education and experience considered)
- Ability to demonstrate applied Human Resources principles to various situations with a wide audience and provide guidance and advice on policy or procedure interpretation and employment agreement terms.
- Working knowledge and experience in supporting and/or leading the full employee life cycle.
- Thorough understanding of payroll, benefits, and leave management processes and best practices.
- Process orientated and the ability to manage detailed work within constant deadlines/time constraints, and prioritize work based on demand with a sense of urgency.
- Intermediate level Word and Excel and strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including SharePoint.
- Competence in and strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint.
- Experience administering a HRIS System (HUMI experience considered an asset).
To be successful, candidates should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Discretion and professionalism at all times, discretion, and sound judgement in dealing with sensitive and confidential employee information and work-related matters.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with employees and all levels of management.
- Write and convey information that is clearly understood by a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrate well-developed analytical skills to assist with problem solving and resolving important people and business issues.
- Ability to work independently and proactively on proposing and developing new HR initiatives.
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented recognizing that People information provided must be accurate and considered to be the source of truth.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and abilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply for our open positions and are committed to providing a workplace that is free from discrimination, harassment, and bias. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their full potential. To apply for this posting, please visit https://givetouhf.ca/careers, and attach your cover letter and resume into one PDF. We thank all candidates who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Information Check.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.